Call us at 800.342.2721 or send us your request
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with standard design and construction practices, The Fibar Group LLC and its Representatives recommend using the services of a certified engineer, architect, or landscape architect who is familiar with local soil and climate conditions to evaluate and interpret any information provided by The Fibar Group LLC and its Representatives. The Fibar Group LLC assumes no responsibility for determining the size of the playground or the safety zone between the equipment and the border. Installer must thoroughly examine the site and specifications, carefully checking the dimensions before starting work. All instructions are subject to equipment manufacturer's installation specifications. Read FibarSystem 300Specifications, Installation and Maintenance Instructions, all available from The Fibar Group LLC, 1-800-342-2721 or (914) 273-8770 or your local Fibar Representative.
FibarSystems are unique playground surface products, the creation and origination of which are covered by U.S. Patent Numbers 4,679,963; 5,026,207 & 5,076,726, owned by The Fibar Group LLC. Award contractors must obtain a license from The Fibar Group LLC prior to construction.
A. IN-GROUND INSTALLATIONS
1. Excavate area 8 (for 8" System) or 12" deep (for 12" System) with a minimum 1% downward grade to ensure proper drainage to FibarDrain strip. It is not recommended that a FibarSystem be installed on a grade greater than 10%. All roots, stones, and vegetation must be removed.
2. The area should be well compacted and accurately graded, especially in areas where additional fill has been brought in.
3. Cut a trench 2" wide by 6" deep all along the inside edge perpendicular to the grade and install the FibarDrain strip. Connect low end of FibarDrain strip to storm drain or similar device to take water collected from playground area away from site.
B. IN-GROUND (cont.) AND ABOVE-GROUND INSTALLATIONS
4. Install playground equipment.
5. Install retaining border if required.
6. Cut FibarDrain strips and lay them on 6' centers in direction of grade.
7. Cover sub-grade and the drainage trench with FibarFelt material. Allow a 3" overlap at all seams. Make sure to cover the trench and FibarDrain in step #3 (if applicable). It will be necessary to slit the FibarFelt to fit around the footings of the equipment. Where possible, overlap all slits with next piece of FibarFelt.
8. Install FibarMat rubber wear mats on top or in the middle of Fibar wood fiber or under the Fibar (on top of FibarFelt material).
To preserve your warranty, ADA FibarMat wear mats must be installed under all swings, tire swings, and slide exits. They should also be installed at other excessive wear areas, including sliding poles. FibarMat wear mats are available through your local Fibar Representative.
9. IMPORTANT: With an indelible marker, mark off all the legs of the equipment with the compacted System design depth.
10. Spread Fibar wood fiber using a Bobcat or a small front end loader. Operator should be careful not to travel on the FibarFelt or turn sharply on the Fibar. It will also be necessary to use hand labor to spread. To allow for natural compaction, we supply additional material. Important: Install all the material delivered. The Fibar may be several inches above grade or border until it compacts. Feather the edges to make a smooth transition to existing grade or border.
11. Hand rake for a perfectly smooth, finished surface.
12. After two weeks of active use, surface should be raked again.
13. CPSC and ASTM Recommended Use Zones.
A use zone of at least 6 feet must surround all equipment with the exception of:
a. Swings. A use zone equal to 2 times the height of the top rail is needed in front of and 2 times behind swings (2 times in front and 2 times behind).
b. Slides. A use zone equal to the height of the slide plus 4 feet, extending a minimum of 6 feet, is needed in front of slide exits.
Incorrect installation or maintenance, failure to install all the material delivered, failure to maintain the depth of the FibarSystem at the System design depth, failure to use FibarMat wear mats at slide exits, under all swings and tire swings (except enclosed or tot swings), other wear areas (a wear area is any area in the playground where the surface depth falls below the System design depth for the playground surface), use of the FibarSystem and/or materials with others not provided by The Fibar Group LLC, abnormal use, lack of proper maintenance, or vandalism can result in serious injury or death. Be aware that no playground surface can prevent all accidents or injuries.
Winter Conditions. Should there be moisture retention in the FibarSystem, it will freeze when the temperature drops below the freezing mark. Please check your surface frequently in winter weather. When the surface is frozen, the impact attenuation properties of Fibar are lost and for this reason, the play area should not be used.
Reread the Installation and Maintenance Instructions periodically. If at any time you are concerned about the surface and its performance, please contact us at 1-800-342-2721 or (914) 273-8770.
The Fibar Group LLC is a member of IPEMA, the International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association. IPEMA is a member-driven organization whose mission is to assist in providing creative, fun, and safe play environments for children.
U.S. Patent Nos. 4,679,963; 5,026,207 & 5,076,726.
Call us at 800.342.2721 or send us your request